INTRODUCTION AND BENEFITS OF EIGHT WATER REMEDIES
Can water help you live longer?
Water and Heart DiseaseWater is actually the best tool to help prevent heart disease. Researchers from Loma Linda University in California confirmed this years ago by checking the water intake of about 20,000 men and women (ages 38 to 100). They found elevated viscosity (blood thickness), the volume of red blood cells (hematocrit), and fibrinogen (a protein involved in the clotting process) among individuals who drank less than two glasses of water daily compared to those who drank five or more. These elevated factors are all associated with coronary heart disease, which make blood thicker – something which has been found among heart disease and diabetic patients. Viscosity is an important but usually overlooked risk factor for cardiovascular disease. The thicker the blood, the slower it flows through the thousands of miles of the circulatory system. During the process, risky things may happen such as inflammation, clots, plaque, and cardiac and vascular issues. In layman’s terms, the heart needs to work harder to pump.
Other Important Water Facts
- Water can reduce daytime fatigue which is one of the first signs of dehydration. Especially when you sleep, your body continues to soak up water you drank during the day. Causing you to go about 8 hours without replenishing your water supply. If you don’t rehydrate enough during the day, your energy levels will wane.
- Water is essential for digestion – the digestive system depends on a sufficient amount of water to help break down food. There’s no concern that water will dilute the digestive juices or interfere with digestion. In fact, drinking water during or after a meal actually aids digestion. It also softens stool, which helps prevent constipation.
- Water helps nutrient absorption and the body’s natural chemical reactions – it helps carry nutrients and oxygen to the cells and keeps blood circulation going. It also helps in removing toxins from your body.
- Water regulates your body’s cooling system – it can help regulate body temperature and store extra heat in the body.It reduces the chance of colon cancer and bladder cancer – research shows that drinking adequate amounts of water can reduce your risk of colon cancer by 45% and bladder cancer by 50%.
- Water helps lubricate joints – the lining of cartilage between the joints use water as a cushion between the bones so that the joints can move smoothly.
- Bruce Gao