BITTER VALENTINE: A BITTER TEQUILA COCKTAIL FOR VALENTINE'S
Valentine's Day, what a magical year. Everything is pink and fluffy, full of gushy and bleh. I will celebrate, but it is more like a home, doing a delicious thing. Let our hearts be filled with love and joy, and have a delicious drink, such as a bitter lover cocktail.
Now we were set with Amaro Lucano, tequila, strawberry liqueur and something. We needed something else in there to round out the flavors. That something else turned out to be lemon.
Mix those all together and you have yourself a refreshing, slightly bitter, slightly sweet, endlessly tasty cocktail. Whether you love the big day for teddy bears or hate it, you'll enjoy the Bitter Valentine.
For everyone else, let's get to the Bitter Valentine!
Recipe type: Drinks
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 1½ TEQUILA
- 1 OZ. AMARO LUCANO
- ¾ STRAWBERRY LIQUEUR
- ¾ LEMON JUICE
- GLASS TYPE: MARTINI
- Put all your boozes plus the lemon juice in your cocktail shaker.
- Add some ice.
- Shake to destroy the anger in your heart.
- Or to fill it.
- Whichever you decide, shake until it's good and cold.
- Pour and strain into your martini glass.
- I've added the straining steps as you don't want ice chunks.
- Unless you do, then don't strain.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
- Now go get bitter.
- Or be happy.
- Either way, it's a damn fine cocktail.
- Bruce Gao